Follow these steps to change the Remote Desktop server port:
- Open up Registry Editor by clicking on the Start Button, type in regedit and then hit Enter.
- In Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control, Terminal Server, WinStations and RDP-Tcp.
- Right click on the PortNumber dword and select Modify.
- Change the base to Decimal and enter a new port between 1025 and 65535 that is not already in use.
- Click OK and reboot.
Do not forget the following:
- set a firewall rule to allow the new port in
- next time you connect to the host specify the port number